Optimal portfolio selection
Credit risk modeling and credit derivatives pricing
Supply chain management
Machine learning and its application in finance
2014, The University of Hong Kong, Mathematics, PhD
2010, Sun Yat-Sen University, Mathematics, BSc
2017.08- , Southern University of Science and Technology, Mathematics, Assistant Professor
2016.11-2017.07, The University of Hong Kong, Mathematics, Postdoc
2014.11-2016.08, University of Copenhagen, Mathematics, Postdoc
2014.06-2014.08, JP Morgan, Quantitative Research Intern
Selected Publications (* corresponding author):
1. S. Guo*, J.W. Gu, and W. K. Ching, Adaptive Online Portfolio Selection with Transaction Costs, European Journal of Operational Research, (2021), doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2021.03.023.
2. D.M. Zhu*, J.W. Gu, F.H. Yu, W.K. Ching, T.K. Siu, How correlation risk in basket credit derivatives might be priced and managed? IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, (2021), 32(2), 195-219.
3. J.W. Gu*, M. Steffensen and H. Zheng, A Note on P- vs. Q-Expected Shortfall Portfolio Constraints, Quantitative Finance, (2021), 21(2), 263-270.
4. J.W. Gu*, S.J. Si and H. Zheng, Constrained Utility Deviation-Risk Optimization and Time-consistent HJB Equation, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, (2020), 58, 866-894.
5. Y. Lin, M.Y. Leung, L. Zhang* and J.W. Gu, Single-item repairable inventory system with stochastic new and warranty demands, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, (2020), 142: 102035.
6. J.W. Gu*, M. Steffensen and H. Zheng, Optimal Dividend Strategies of Collaborating Businesses in the Diffusion Approximation Case, Mathematics of Operations Research, (2018), 43, 377-398.
7. Q. Yang, W.K. Ching*, J.W. Gu* and T.K. Siu, Market-Making Strategy with Asymmetric Information and Regime-Switching, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, (2018), 90, 408-433.
8. F.H. Yu, W.K.Ching*, J.W. Gu and T.K. Siu, Interacting Default Intensity with Hidden Markov Process, Quantitative Finance, (2017), 17, 781-794.
9. X. Huang*, J.W. Gu, W.K. Ching and T.K. Siu, Impact of Secondary Market on Consumer Return Policies and Supply Chain Coordination, OMEGA-The International Journal of Management Science, (2014), 45, 57-70.
10. J.W. Gu, W.K Ching*, T.K. Siu and H. Zheng, On Reduced Form Intensity-based Model with Trigger Events, Journal of the Operational Research Society, (2014), 65, 331-339.
11. J.W. Gu*, W.K Ching, T.K. Siu and H. Zheng, On Pricing Basket Credit Default Swaps, Quantitative Finance, (2013), 13, 1845-1854. (Lead feature article)